Saturday, June 5, 2010

the beginning

I wasn't sure I wanted to begin this blog. Sometimes I think I have something to say. Sometimes I am empty. I had a hard time deciding on a blog title. I'm not very good at titles in general. In fact, deciding on a title is probably the number one reason I didn't create a blog until today. Every time I hit that button that read, "CREATE YOUR BLOG NOW", the next step was coming up with that darn title. How could I pick a title for something I hadn't even written yet?

So I googled "joy". And I really liked Carl Sandburg's verse. It's up there, right under my new blog title, but I'll say it again:

"Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by."

That's what I want to do. Some days I reach out my hands, and some days I keep them by my side. But I want to reach out more. Because the joy is there, waiting for me.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Welcome. Great title. Great start. I would follow you but you don't have that available.
We live so close we really should get together sometime. I would like that.

Emily Young said...

Love the Carl Sandburg quote. It makes a perfect title!

Elisabelle said...

welcome into our wonderful blog world!

S. Etole said...

Thank you for your visit and leading me here. I especially like the title you have chosen. Look forward to getting to know you better.

deb said...

I do believe it is and will be a joy to be in community with you.

Pierre BOYER said...

We all have to begn oneday....

Pierre