Tuesday, June 15, 2010

joyful joyful



Listening to Kristen Chenoweth sing "Joyful Joyful" and thinking about the last stanza:

Mortals, join the mighty chorus
which the morning stars began;
love divine is reigning o'er us,
binding all within its span.
Ever singing, march we onward,
victors in the midst of strife;
joyful music leads us sunward,
in the triumph song of life.

(Thanks to bigBang studio for posting those last two verses and giving me something to rejoice about today!)

And yesterday I got to see a Black-Crowned Night Heron. They are quite rare in Florida. But since I was sans camera, you'll have to be content with the lovely photo that Katie of Birding Life captured. Just click the link.

Field and forest, vale and fountain,
flowery meadow, flashing sea,
chanting bird and flowing fountain,
call us to rejoice in thee.

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

That must have been a joyful sight to see. I hope you are enjoying your blogging experience.

B. Meandering said...

I've not seen one of those--it's a beautiful bird.
God and I "had a talk" last night as I struggle with aches and pains and finishing these courses. I've been drawn to the Psalms lately and it finally clicked what He was saying to me. I need to praise Him more. Not only am I giving Him the glory, but when I am praising, I'm not centering on negatives. The verses in this post go along with all this. Great post.

Pierre BOYER said...

Marvelous sky...
Enjoy your day !

Pierre