Thursday, July 8, 2010

a dog's life



"I would rather see the portrait of a dog that I know, than all the allegorical paintings they can show me in the world."
- Samuel Johnson

I know, I know. I post way too many photos of my dog. But don't you think the quote goes a long way towards justifying this one? And I just couldn't resist snapping this picture of pure contentment. (Of course, the dog's contentment follows on the heels of a 6 am wake up call for her owners, after which said owners were wide awake and tackling the day's chores and said dog, being well fed, watered, and brushed, settled down for a nice morning sunbath.)


5 comments:

B. Meandering said...

I love this! The quote is so accurate and cool! If anything, those portraits reminded me of how much cuter my dog was!
As for taking pics of our pets, well I'm guilty too. But through my toughest times, it has always been the pet that was there 24/7-- loyal and loving and listening to everything I said or content to just 'be' with me. So why not pay tribute to them?!

S. Etole said...

Is it possible to have too many pictures of a pet???!!! The light is beautiful.

debdigi said...

Ahh... it's a dog's life.
The pictures and the quote make for a worthy post.
Keep the pictures coming. You have quite an eye.
(and your Basenji is extremely photogenic!)

Emily Young said...

I love how the light frames her face.

beth said...

there can never be too many dog photos, anywhere !
they are such a part of us !