Tuesday, December 14, 2010

freezing in our boots





At the moment my garden looks nothing like this. The flower pots are stacked in my back porch and snuggled under old sheets. Plants that can't be moved must fend for themselves; we covered them last year and they froze anyway. Usually we just miss the freezing temps here on Florida's balmy gulf coast, but last night was 29 degrees and there's more where that came from tonight! 

Ah, well, I know you folks up in the wild north are chuckling at my dismay, but winter is our season of flowers here in Florida, and I want to enjoy them! 

Of course the up-side to all this is that I get a chance to wear my boots and winter coats and scarves : )

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Stay warm!

deb said...

It's always strange to get "other place" climates.
We've had almost balmy Christmas times and it just feels weird.

having said that , I just returned from errand running and my face is frozen!

S. Etole said...

Our -20 F has warmed up to 10+ ... it's difficult to imagine "green" this time of year apart from Christmas green.

Rick said...

As seasonal transplants, we weren't expecting things to be SO cold in Florida :(
We're heading up north (Ontario) for Christmas where we know what to expect, and hope to be back in about 3 weeks. We'll be sure to bring some woollies with us ;-)

Hope the weather turns warmer soon so we can all get back to enjoying the flowers. without wearing boots, scarves, mitts ...

natsumi nishizumi said...

Thank you for sharing beautiful flowers! It's been very cold here and there are no flowers... I miss them...
Hope you have a great day!