Tuesday, January 25, 2011

because love makes us fly...


i listened to this while driving yesterday.
sharing it with you,
so you can fly,
too.


fly
— sara groves

speak in a summer tone
pause in the after glow
tenderly whisper my name
tell me once again why I am your bride
so I can fly
so I can fly

pause in your busy day
look extra long my way
wink at me across the room
kiss me longer
touch my arm when I am by your side
so I can fly
so I can fly

oh how the little things
strengthen my tiny wings
help me to take on the world
when you love me there's nothing I wouldn't try
i might even fly
i might even fly
i might even fly


10 comments:

Claudia said...

so true - love makes us fly..beautiful words. unfortunately i couldn't listen to the song cause it's blocked in germany (like so many because of copyrights) but i loved the words..

Elizabeth said...

That IS so beautiful. No all I need is someone to sing it to me!

S. Etole said...

Such a beautiful song ...

Kay L. Davies said...

Lovely, Leslie!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

becky said...

How lovely, Leslie...flying...and what a sweet girl with a sweet voice. thanks for sharing :) and have a lovely day today.

Jodi said...

Thinking of you today. Hugs.

LauraX said...

so beautiful Les, thanks for sharing.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

whoo... anniversary times a-rollin' too... enjoy that, sweet.

Rick said...

A song we can all stand to hear more often. And practise.

cristie said...

lovely. xox