Friday, June 3, 2011

it's beginning to feel alot like christmas...








...and what would christmas be without generous hearts and precious gifts?

these lovely little tea mug cozies were knitted for me by the talented tracy, of pink purl. 




knit from pure norwegian wool, they've traveled across the sea from norway (home of my grandfather's grandfathers), to share my home (and warm my tea) here in sunny florida.








i confess i've felt a bit downhearted this week... 










but how can i remain so, when there are so many kind souls who have extended their hands and hearts to me, over the miles, simply... 

to encourage. 
to give. 
to bless. 

thank you. may you be blessed, as you have blessed...

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." Luke 6:38

12 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, how wonderful, Leslie. Surprise gifts are delightful.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

S. Etole said...

what a loving gesture from across the ocean ....

lilylovekin said...

So sorry you were feeling down in the dumps, but I hope you are feeling better. It is always nice to get packages in the mail-just like you said a little christmas in June.

Deidra said...

Cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Rachel said...

Oh these are so cute, I laughed when I saw the it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, I have had a cold this week and today everyone is wearing summer clothes and I have been freezing all day and am wearing my polar fleece Christmas tree pajama bottoms and bright red polar fleece hoodie, So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ;-) May many more blessings come your way!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been down. I hope you're feeling better soon --

becky said...

How adorable, those mug cozies! And what a sweet friend you have somewhere amidst those beautiful fjords! I'm an American-Norwegian and have visited this MOST BEAUTIFUL of countries. Its people are of the most hospitable and kind sort~~mug cozies are such a sign of this! Hope you're feeling better, Leslie.

Tracy said...

So lovely... I could cry! Happy cry, of course. So very glad that my knit cozies arrive to you safely, and even more to that they have cheered your days. Sweet of you to show them here. I feel blessed to know you and visit you here weekly. :o) Sending you a lift from across the ocean... ((HUGS))

Nancy said...

And you are a blessing to so many of us. I loved clicking on your post and seeing the word "Christmas" on a beautiful June morning because I'm one of those people who thinks about Christmas all year round.

deb colarossi said...

you ooze cozy my sweet friend.
I wish it for you always.

so sorry I've been rather distracted. mothering 24/7 . soccer, travel

sending oodles of healing and love and prayers and virtual laughter


deb

rebecca said...

i love you so...forgive me for being so heads down with details of the auction that i have not been visiting and commenting as frequently. i am always so uplifted and comforted with every visit.

all my love

Francesca said...

What a nice thought and handmade present. Hope this is a better week for you Leslie.