Monday, February 13, 2012

for hannah.







































sometimes life is held by the finest thread of waiting, 
held by the hope of love and mercy
and all things good.
sometimes we wait breathlessly for impossible news,
for a miracle from the One who brings forth the sky,
new every morning, 
who opens the bud of the trumpet vine 
and holds us all together in this dance 
of light and darkness 
which is life in this world.
sometimes faith
is all we have.


leslie young
©2012


(Would you join me in prayer for a beautiful young woman in our community, fighting for her life after a tragic accident Sunday? Her name is Hannah.)

2/18/12 Hannah Grace Kelley went to heaven today. Our prayers continue to be with her family and all who loved her.

20 comments:

marit´s,,, said...

Yy so beautiful picture of a pretty flower.
Hugs from Marit.

Deborah Carr said...

I most certainly will, dear one. Your tribute, as usual, grasps the heart and squeezes.

Loree said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Prayers coming Hannah's way and hope she pulls through.

becky said...

OK, put me on the prayer chain:)

Noelle Renee said...

I pray that the One who is Compassion, Love and Mercy will surround Hannah with healing light and lay gentle hands round her sweet head. I pray that a circle of angels, of which she is surely one, will encircle her, offering the healing balm of hope and bright promise. I pray that in her unconscious state, she is somehow aware of all who love her and long for her to live and be well. I pray for her family, who must be living in anxiety and fear. Let them trust the hand of the Creator who is holding Hannah's firmly in His own right now. I pray for the wisdom of doctor's and nurses who work tirelessly. I ask that they also have faith in Hannah's chances for recovery.

ayala said...

So sorry...prayers sent her way.

deb colarossi said...

of course.

S. Etole said...

Yes, Leslie ... and for those who wait as well.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful words, Leslie. I'll certainly lift her up. So much tragedy.

Kala said...

Beautiful photo and tribute.

keLi said...

praying, sweet friend.

Catfish Tales said...

So true! And sometimes the waiting is more anguishing....

beth said...

completely joining you in prayer....xo

DeborahJoy said...

praying and waiting in hope XX

Jodi said...

So sorry to be joining into this so late, but my prayers will be with all those who are involved.

Laura said...

praying for hannah and all of her beloveds as well. Such a beautiful poem.

Elizabeth said...

I am late to this post, but I am sorry and will send my prayers and healing thoughts.

Debbie D. said...

Praying for all those left behind.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

so sorry.
n♥

Francesca said...

I'm sorry.