Monday, August 27, 2012

orphaned by the storm





Yes folks, we are having another tropical storm. It's not a direct hit this time, so things are just the way I like them - enough rain and wind to make for a cozy day indoors (with occasional photo safaris outside to assess the damage.) So far, only the acorns have suffered, but I imagine the squirrels will consider this, literally, a windfall for their winter stores (like squirrels in Florida need to store food for the winter. Still, they do it anyway...)

On another note, I had a little visit to the ER this past weekend, to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack (I wasn't.) Just an upper back strain or a pinched nerve or something, which had the unfortunate result of wrapping itself around to squeeze my chest in a very uncomfortable manner. And since I am in that lovely heart attack age range, and women, as most of you know, often have atypical heart attack symptoms, I thought I'd better get it checked out. So all is well, I am typing this with heat packs against my back, and I am extremely grateful that this latest crisis had a simple resolution. (This has certainly been a weird couple of months, even by my standards.)

For all of you out there still wondering if the storm is coming your way, and battening down your hatches, know that we here in Florida are thinking of you...


11 comments:

Loree said...

Keep safe, Leslie. I wish some storms would some our way. Glad to hear that you are fine and it was NOT a heart attack.

S. Etole said...

Our acorns are similar but the leaves certainly differ. The deer are eating them as fast as they fall here.

So glad all is relatively well.

becky said...

Your weather news sounds good...like our little cottage probably survived the storm. (We do have lawn people who are paid to watch our house so I'm sure all is well as they reported yesterday that things weren't bad...yet.

I'm sorry to hear about the ER...that trip is always a scary time...but when they can put a name on it, stress goes down...but, oh my, heat packs will keep you in a chair!

Jodi said...

The acorn photos are wonderful. And of course I'm so so SO happy you didn't have a heart attack. But I'm so so so sorry you are in pain. Through it all, you're one tough cookie I think. Love you lots.

beth said...

i'm soooo glad you're okay and i bet that scared you :(

and a good storm....i love them. not tropical or of hurricane strength, but just a good old storm !!!

feel better soon !!!!
xo

Jennifer Richardson said...

glad you're safe and soaking up
the rainy day goodness
and that your heart is ticking
along nicely
....huge grace and blessing
to that beautiful heart of yours:)
stormy day hugs,
Jennifer

ayala said...

Happy you are safe and take care of yourself. Get better soon :)

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

that was thus not the result of a needle gone awry in your flesh, now, was it?
i'm just wondering here...
n♥
glad that isaac be-haved for y'all.

Francesca said...

hope the storms inside and outside have passed.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh, my, glad to hear you're okay. You did the right thing. Heart attacks are nothing to take lightly.

Ajax said...

I love those acorn photos. Strangest oak leaves i've ever seen.