My mother is the grande dame of decorating for holidays, and visiting her at Easter is like a trip to Beatrix Potter's world. If I was really smart and a bit less lazy, I would figure out how to make one of those photo mosaics. But since I am currrently in some sort of post-Easter daze, I don't have the brain-power or energy to figure it out. So you're stuck with a plain old post of a few million images from her home and studio...
... and now, according to my dear blogging friend nadine over at tinywoolf, i'm supposed to play the "name five things about you" game. since "playing" seems to be the subject of this post, i suppose i really should comply, even though i ought to be tackling the mountain of laundry that somehow appeared mysteriously over the weekend. so here goes:
1. i once played in a marching band. since my instrument of choice was the oboe (and take it from me, a double reed does NOT fare well on a march) i was a cymbal crasher when i marched. being somewhat small of stature, the cymbals were a rather weighty undertaking for me (hence the crashing.) i was rather good at turning those square marching corners, though ;)
2. i hate spiders. especially big ones. i grew up in the woods, and somehow the giant, fuzzy spiders were always making their way into our house, particularly our bathtubs. just imagine my childhood self, happy with the thought of a bubbly bath filled with all manner of delightful floating toys, walking into the bathroom to face one of these gargantuan horrors. it was the stuff of nightmares, i tell you.
3. i lived in a christian commune in my early twenties. who would have thought, eh?
4. i used to be a cat person (that is to say, i preferred cats over dogs, as opposed to a person who owns 50 cats at one time.) then i married my husband and gave birth to a daughter, who both love dogs with a passion. so now i am more of a dog person. but i have the most cat-like dog you've ever seen ;)
5. i dream of travel to far off places ... so far this is still a dream. but some day it will be a reality...
(okay, now i think i'm supposed to nominate five more of you. but i won't.
you'll just have to nominate yourselves if you want to play :)