Thursday, February 21, 2013

blue, and a haiku.


The color, not the emotion. Well, maybe the emotion, too, a little. Well, sometimes a lot. But not today, today I'm just tired of hurting and overwhelmed with all the things I'm not getting done (including visiting your blogs.) I did see a woodpecker yesterday, and a cardinal today, and if I hadn't been so lazy I might have a photo of them for you. As it is, you're stuck with a photo from the kitchen, which is where I'm headed as soon as I post this. It's time for a cup of tea. But I'll leave you with a haiku that seems to fit today's theme:


"Dead my old fine hopes
And dry my dreaming but still...
Iris, blue each spring" 

― ShushikiJapanese Haiku



13 comments:

ayala said...

Feel better dear Leslie. Sorry today is not a good one. Breathe :)

Elizabeth said...

I think that's a beautiful photo that reflects a sort of "interior" mood -- I am sorry that you're in pain and hope it abates soon. The beautiful haiku reminds me of a poem about the iris that Wallace Stevens wrote -- "In the Carolinas."

Loree said...

Hope you will feel better soon. I am sorry you are feeling a little blue :( Beautiful haiku.

Nancy said...

I sure hope your cup of tea cheers up up and that you are feeling much better soon....it may not consist of cardinals but your photograph is beautiful....

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

simply adorable haiku.
i'll have green, and a squeeze o'lemon, for the occasion. cheers!
et à ta santé! X
n♥

S. Etole said...

I was praying for you last night.

Such a beautiful little container.

Tracy said...

Lovely blue and haiku! I like the shape of the container. I like to think of containers as holding hope sometimes. And blue can be good, you know... the color is symbolic of peace,spirituality, truth, and creativity too. :o) May the color blue sooth you... ((HUGS))

beth said...

i am so wishing for you to feel better.....xo

Beth said...

There with you, friend. Me too.

Jennifer Richardson said...

pretty polish pottery blue
is just the thing with tea
and i hope it warms you through
and through
and that you feel the love
hovering over you:)
(a silly rhyme but from my heart
to you, just the same;))
-jennifer

Emily Sovich said...

I hope you're feeling better again soon. I love this haiku. And your picture was perfect. Truly.

DeborahJoy said...

A cup of tea sounds good to me.
Thank you for your honesty, and your bravery.
Courage = 'with heart'.
Blessings X

Kala said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Spring will soon be here.

www.amatterofhowyouseeit.com