Monday, March 4, 2013

night life, and a little break.



  
Illness is the night side of life, a more onerous citizenship. Everyone who is born holds dual citizenship, in the kingdom of the well and in the kingdom of the sick. Although we all prefer to use the good passport, sooner or later each of us is obliged, at least for a spell, to identify ourselves as citizens of that other place.
― Susan Sontag


It seems like I've been "a citizen of that other place" more than usual, lately, and I'm finding it difficult to do much more than daily tasks (and not much of that.) I've decided to take a blog break until my health (hopefully) allows me to "use the good passport."



13 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so sorry that your body has taken to the other side but please know you will be missed and until you return I will be praying for your speedy recovery....

Nancy said...

Praying you find rest and restoration in that night place. You will be missed.

Rebecca Jerdee said...

Hoping and thinking of you on this journey...hope taking the blog pressure off will help a bit...prayers for you...

Loree said...

Dear Leslie, please get better soon. I pray all will be well with you.

Maryann said...

Hope you are feeling better soon

Beth said...

Do what you have to do, friend. That quote says it so well. I like how she describes it: the kingdom of the sick. Know that you are not alone and that many are sending love and prayers your way. ♥

JoAnn Hallum said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH LESLIE! I will miss you. I will be praying for you.

Did you read Ann Voskamp's blog today? it was really good.

Jodi said...

May the Lord bless and heal you. xox

S. Etole said...

I had missed this post until this morning. I have been wondering how you are doing. Prayers continue dear Leslie.

Tracy said...

Sending uplifting and healing thoughts & prayers your way, Leslie. Just now surfacing myself after 2 weeks+ I've been down with flu & migraines--slowly mending. Fist chance I've had to post and visit friends. So great to catch up with you. :o) Thinking of you... Happy Weekend ((LOVE & HUGS))

ayala said...

I am sorry..sending you good wishes and love.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

yes. well, that's unsettling.
i'm gonna send you a leaf from that good passport, don't miss it.. X
n♥

DeborahJoy said...

Prayers, blessings and love to you as you heal and recover.
The Lord is with you X