Thursday, January 2, 2014

down to the beach(to play one day)


this is the me


who walks by the sea


this is the me with sun freckles



this is the me he wrote about:



'maggy and milly and molly and may'

maggy and milly and molly and may 
went down to the beach(to play one day) 

and maggie discovered a shell that sang 
so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,and 

milly befriended a stranded star 
whose rays five languid fingers were; 

and molly was chased by a horrible thing 
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and 

may came home with a smooth round stone 
as small as a world and as large as alone. 

For whatever we lose(like a you or a me) 
its always ourselves we find in the sea 

E. E. Cummings



11 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

A delightful post, Leslie. Love the freckles!
I hope 2014 is getting off to a fine start, and if these photos are any indication, it is!
Love, K

Leslie said...

Hi Kay, These photos were taken a few weeks ago, actually, so I am not walking on the beach at the moment (more's the pity.) But one of the joys of blogging is that we can re-live the moment as we write about it!

Elizabeth said...

I love seeing you!

S. Etole said...

This is just plain fun. Thank you for sharing it.

Laura said...

So good to see you out and about dear Leslie:-)

Loree said...

That poem might have been written about me too. I always find myself when I am by the sea.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

who is wearing dark thights
and next doesn't?
;)))

happy, happy.

and on a wintry occasion : watch out for this.
it'll fill your heart with something wild.

n♥

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

yes. of course!
i did and only did mean tights.
what wàs i thinking of?
n♥

Tracy said...

Sooo HAPPY to see you, my friend. Glad you see you out & about and enjoying life. :o) ((HUGS))

Beth said...

My freshmen read that poem every year. It's a fun one to read to them.
You look wonderful, friend! I'm trying to keep warm--no school today or yesterday due to frigid temps. 2-hr delay tomorrow to make sure the temps really do rise and predicted.

beth said...

thank you for sharing YOU on the beach :)
xo