Tuesday, February 11, 2014

some incongruous reds for valentine's day



i know, i know. it's not valentine's day, yet.


but february seems like a good time for the color red, don't you think?



and red, plus the beach, is even better (see, this seaweed is the incongruous part.)


i'm cheating with the flower photos, you know. these are from last spring. right now the only color in my garden is green (except for the wind chimes), but i guess that's a whole lot better than that white, cold stuff most of you are seeing in your part of the world…



8 comments:

beth said...

red for valentine's day, duh….i hadn't even gotten there yet in my mind…so thanks for the reminder :)

now i'm off to plan something for my darling hubby…handmade….oh joy :)
xo

S. Etole said...

A touch of red for love and courage is always appropriate, in season and out.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! I've gone through long periods of time where I really dislike the color red, but right now, I'm craving it. I'm thinking about buying a red shawl-type thing. This post has spurred me on!

Tracy said...

Always ready for a dash of cheery red, and always ready for Valentine's Day, always ready for big doses of LOVE. Happy Day, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Loree said...

Red is always a fun colour. I love it a great deal.

Becky Jerdee said...

Hope your V-day is filled with red. Hubby and I are heading for the beach~~a day away from the usual hubbub...xo

Laura said...

Here the primary color is white today… I enjoy your warmer weather brights. Happy Valentine's Day dear Leslie… love to you always.

Nancy said...

I love all your red and thoughts of Valentine's Day...I hope you have a blessed day tomorrow and it's filled with love....