Tuesday, February 25, 2014

window pinks


 I've been playing with a new camera (a gift from my baby brother, with a note attached that read, "You need a distraction… take more bird pictures." How can you not adore a brother like that?) Since all things newly electronic give me a headache, I waited until my daughter took the plunge and set it up for me, and I've been gingerly dipping my toes into the settings and playing with the AMAZING zoom (hence the instruction to take more bird pictures.)

I realize THESE aren't photos of birds. Perhaps you've also realized this. They ARE a distraction, nonetheless, and that is always welcome when one's body is screaming for attention and you've done all you can to tend to it and it just needs to have a time out for a while.

Some of these photos have a charming faded look. This is due to the dirt on my windows and not any fancy camera work. It pays to be lazy, sometimes.




10 comments:

S. Etole said...

Lovely, lovely. Both the photos and your brother's thoughtfulness.

Elizabeth said...

That first one blows me away. I'm jealous of your new zoom. I have a very good Canon digital camera, but I need that big lens.

Becky Jerdee said...

Absolutely, positively delicious pinks!!! Lovely brother, too. What kind of camera allows such wonderful effects?

beth said...

oh how fun….and what a great brother! what camera did he give you ????

Loree said...

That's the best kind of gift. Lovely pinks and the flowers are very pretty.

Leslie said...

It's a Panasonic Lumix. Large built-in zoom, lets lots of light in (which helps when you're taking photos through smudged windows, haha ;)

ayala said...

Great! Enjoy your new camera :)

Tracy said...


LOVE all the pink! ;o) And what a wonderful gift from your brother!! Birds, flowers, beach... we love all you share here, Leslie! Happy Days, my friend! Fun to catch up with you after my break last week. ((HUGS))

Beth said...

Love the faded effect of the dirty windows---I'm good with that particular version also! He He. :>)
It must be wonderful to have such beautiful flowers to look at this time of year. I love snow, but nature has satiated that love (and then some)!
Wonderful brother you have there!

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

your possibilities and camera abilities will now be endless forever more!
i wish you happy playtime, and i send you a warm hug to go with these one-dimensional words.
;)))
n♥