Saturday, August 16, 2014

august birds


These past two months since our dear basenji dog died have been a bit lonely.


My husband put a bird feeder outside the front window to attract some new friends. 
This is a Tufted Titmouse.


The sprightly little sparrows never fail to bring a smile :)


Especially when they're jostling for space on the feeder with the feisty Titmouse.


You wouldn't think this tiny gray bird was such a powerhouse, but I've seen him chase away birds three times his size! (Tufted Titmouse again.)


 And this is a young Mockingbird contemplating his breakfast. His doting mother swooped in shortly after this photoshoot, to make sure he was keeping his energy up :)


As you may have noticed, I've been away from my blog for a bit, again. Health issues have been distracting me, and I've still got some tests to get through in the upcoming weeks. I've been discouraged. Yet looking through these photos I am reminded yet again of the beauty that surrounds us, even on the darkest days. 

I am grateful for eyes to see.



10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What splendid photos of the charming birds!

S. Etole said...

I have noticed and have been praying for you. Thanks for sharing these delightful images.

Elizabeth said...

I think of you often, despite your absence, and wish you well. May you be well.

Becky Jerdee said...

Thinking of you, Leslie. Always. Hoping you will once again be of good cheer. Distractions, like these little rascals, are a good cheer kind of thing...

ayala said...

Thinking of you Leslie. So sorry for your loss and your health issues. Prayers.

Beth said...

Good to hear from you on your blog again. I know it's been tough, but it's good to have you 'with us'.
I too love the birds and find them a constant amusement. :>)

beth said...

hey sweetie….
thinking of you…and everything associated with you health wise and emotional wise….xoxo

Tracy said...

Dear Leslie... yes, have noticed you've been a bit scarce lately, and have been thinking of you and praying for you. :o) Hope all goes well with the tests, etc. Your feathered friends make a nice new distraction. I miss having a bird feeder. But with our Charlie-kitty outdoors a lot... not a good idea. ;o) Be here when you can... ((LOVE & HUGS))

Loree said...

Dear Leslie, I hope you will feel better soon. I enjoyed your photos of the birds.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

i love your camera lens. i also enjoy walking backwards here on your blog i haven't paid proper attention to. i'm glad you are here, from time to time, no matter what. it is good to hang on. n♥