Wednesday, August 5, 2015

summer rambles

How can it be August already? 
June and July raced by, filled with things both profound 
and profoundly mundane, as usual. 
Here's a recap:


A young woodpecker waited for his parents to bring him lunch. 
(He seemed perfectly capable to me, but who am I to judge avian parenting styles?)


June garden discovery. 
(The cat left it alone - I can't say the same for the opossum that we spied the next night.)


Coneflowers bloomed ...


... and wilted in August's heat.

And between the lines, life happened.

Doesn't it always?





7 comments:

Loree said...

Your posts are always so simple yet so profoundly beautiful.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

:)
glad to see you here too...
thxs for the words, n♥

Nancy said...

I am still looking for June myself....but I guess it's time to just enjoy August. Your cone flower shots are beautiful....

Tracy said...

So good to see you here, Leslie... and what's been happening in your corner of the world. :o) It boggles my mind that it's August already. Not much to a year anymore... LOL! It does bring to mind John Lennon's wonderful quote, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." ;o) LOVELY photos, my friend... Happy Days ((HUGS))

beth said...

i am also {like it's never happened before} amazed at how quickly time flies…especially the summer i love!!!

beth said...

love this….and now i must get out with my camera as it's collecting dust :(

Beth said...

Your photos are exquisite. So glad to have found your blog via Elizabeth Aquino's "a moon, worn as if it had been a shell."