Thursday, October 1, 2015

virtual fall

October 1st. That's the date on the calendar and the date on this post. But in Florida, October 1st almost never heralds crisp, cool days—and today is no exception—the thermometer reads 82˚ as I write this. So I'm inside my air conditioned living room, wearing fall-ish clothes and looking for autumn colors wherever I can find them. A "virtual fall", if you will. We Floridians are great at Virtual Fall. It's practically an art form around here. Here's my contribution to the gallery:

  
My neighbor's Cosmos very obligingly posed for their fall portraits. 
They wore their "seed pearls" well, don't you think?



Here we went with a contrasting blue and red background with an impressionist vibe.
(Note the lovely notes of autumnal red in the finished blooms. We have an eye for that sort of thing.)


Now this is just a blatant beauty contest. In my opinion the seed wins, hands down.


This one was camera shy. But that pumpkin orange flounce still gets my vote.

So there you have it. Virtual Fall, presented by my neighbor's Florida garden. I could add some great quotes about "finding beauty in the everyday," or maybe that one about making a silk purse from a sow's ear, but I think Nature kind of did that for me.


7 comments:

JoAnn Hallum said...

So pretty. Virtual fall is a tough sell. I hope it rains here and I want to wear sweaters. I don't think I have ever seen yellow cosmos though, only pink and purple, so thanks for that! So fun.

Pierre BOYER said...

I particularly love your first picture....
Best regards,

Pierre

Tracy said...

Virutal Fall... LOL... I like that! A touch of orange, a touch of gold--looks like autumn to me. ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

beth said...

you can come visit our 60 degree days anytime :)
xo

Loree said...

Virtual fall here too. You still managed to find it though :) The grass hasn't even s tarted to grow here yet. I am really longing for a change now.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

always good to keep up fall spirit when in doubt or when even lacking any... i can imagine you longing for those hued colours and the inseperable fall temperatures, which are kind, so kind... sending some here, for i get to where my first warm jumper too... n♥

deb did it said...

so many pretty warm colors here !!!