Monday, May 23, 2016

existential.


my ear is ringing.

my ear is ringing, and

the raven sounds his dire warning

from the pine tree in the garden,

where he waits for the unwary chickens

next door to leave their eggs

unattended.



my ear is ringing,

and a jet whines above me,

above the white plaster ceiling 

and the curling roof shingles

and the cannibalistic raven 

waiting in the pines.


my ear is 

ringing, ringing, ringing,

inside my head inside

my house

beside the pine

under the late spring sky where

the raven 

waits




4 comments:

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

thank you for sharing this.
i find it top of my blogger reading list this morning.
no better happenstance than this.
n♥
and X

Loree said...

That raven sounds like he's up to no good.

Elizabeth said...

I get a tight and nervous feeling reading this -- I'm not one for crows and ravens. They haunt me as do your words here.

Lori Heyd said...

I love this Leslie.....it speaks, rings rather! Lori